Government HELP Schemes

Whether you're beginning your journey at Deakin or you're a postgraduate student, there are a range of Australian Government loan programs that can help with the costs of university.

Higher Education Loan Programs (HELP)

Higher Education Loan Programs (HELP) are loan schemes available to help you with paying your student contributions. Repayments of loans are made through the Australian taxation system once your annual income exceeds the minimum threshold. A range of other government financial assistance programs are available for eligible students, such as Youth Allowance and Austudy.

Use the following options to find out which is the right loan for you.

I have a Commonwealth supported place

A Commonwealth supported place (CSP) means students are only required to contribute to part of the cost of their course.

StudyAssist's CSP/HECS-HELP video

Download the CSP/HECS-HELP video transcript (PDF, 266KB)

I have a fee-paying place

The University doesn't receive any government funding for fee-paying places. As such, students enrolled in these places are required to cover the full cost of their course.

I am an international student

International students are not eligible for a HELP loan but may be eligible for a scholarship. To help make your study goals a reality, use our scholarship finder tool to search for a scholarship available for international students.

Learn more about fees for international students

FEE-HELP calculator

If you're a postgraduate student and planning to use FEE-HELP to cover your tuition fees, you can use our FEE-HELP calculator tool to find out how much your repayments will be after you graduate.



We offer scholarships for many situations, whether you have experienced disadvantage and/or achieved academic merit. Awarding a Deakin scholarship is our chance to acknowledge and reward your accomplishments and hard work.

Support for overseas study

Support for overseas study

Deakin has a range of programs for overseas study that allows you to experience a different culture while enhancing your academic and life goals. You may be eligible to receive assistance for overseas study travel expenses such as airfares and accommodation with an OS-HELP loan.

Find out more about OS-HELP

More information

You can find out more about HELP schemes and your financial responsibilities at the following Australian Government websites.

Study Assist

The Study Assist website provides up-to-date information about Australian Government assistance for financing tertiary study.

Visit the Study Assist website

Australian Taxation Office (ATO)

As well as managing your loan repayments after you graduate, the ATO provides information about different study and training support loans.

Visit the ATO website

Haven't found what you're looking for?

Study is a valuable asset in life and so is your peace of mind. If you have any questions about fees, scholarships or other study-related costs, our team of experts are here to help.

Domestic students
1800 693 888
Enquire online

International students
+61 3 9034 6205
Ask a question


友情链接: 太阳城赌城官网|澳门永利赌场|澳门皇冠娱乐